Apple just updated iTunes U, the application for university courses, and more, adding lots of new features.
iTunes U is the best way to create and take courses on iPad. The iTunes U app gives you access to comprehensive courses from renowned universities and other schools, along with the world’s largest digital library of free educational content, right on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. If you are majoring in molecular biology at university, if you are studying Spanish in high school or if you simply have a personal interest in the history of Europe, you now have a valuable tool to keep learning whenever you want, wherever. do you want.
Join the discussions
• Students attending private courses can ask questions about the course, any post or assignment.
• Other students in the class can join in the discussion and ask other questions or provide answers.
• Teachers and students can follow the conversation, thanks to the push notifications received as the discussion progresses.
Free courses in a wide range of subjects and areas
• Follow the free lessons created and taught by professors from the most renowned universities and schools.
• Check out the updates and homework left by the teacher, all in one place, and check off completed homework.
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks, then review them all in the iTunes U app for easy reference.
• Take notes during the lesson or while watching or listening to a lesson in iTunes U.
• Access course material, including audio, video, books, documents and presentations, iBooks apps and textbooks.
• Share your favorite courses with friends via Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages.
The world’s largest catalog of free educational content
• Choose from over 750,000 free resources including lectures, videos, books and other resources on thousands of topics from algebra to zoology.
• Browse collections from academic and cultural institutions from 30 countries, including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, Tokyo University, MoMA, New York Public Library and the United States Library of Congress.
Create courses on iPad
• Teachers can now create and update courses using the iTunes U app on iPad; getting started is easy, fast and completely free.
• Provide each student with a course outline, write posts, assign assignments, upload teaching materials, easily track student participation and more.
• Take advantage of the built-in camera on iPad to take photos or videos easily and upload them for class assignments.
• Create educational content using Pages, Numbers and Keynote or other apps available on the App Store and add it to your course using the “Open in iTunes U” option in each app.
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the ability to publish their courses on the iTunes U catalog to make them available for free to all.
You can download the application for free on the AppStore from this link.