The most recent number of Game Informer digital magazine is now on sale, and in it, the editors of that publication will be giving exclusive details about the new expansion for Destiny 2 that will arrive in September, The renegades.
On this occasion, the editors of Game Informer have informed us in detail about all the changes that will be coming to the abilities of the three classes in the game. These tweaks to abilities mean we’re getting three new super abilities per character, as well as new types of grenades and hits. You can read the full details below:
- Commander’s Code (Void Sentinel)– Melee attacks cause explosions, but all void damage also connects a Void Detonator, and any subsequent damage causes the detonator to go off and attach detonators to enemies caught in the blast. The grenade’s energy also partially recharges for you and nearby allies when detonators are activated. The Super’s shield can still be used for offensive attacks as normal, but covering yourself with it creates a barrier of light that absorbs enemy attacks and allows allied attacks to pass through.
The Ravager’s Code (Sunbreaker): Throw your hammer with the melee button, but stay in the world. Risk picking it up where it fell to fully recharge your melee ability and trigger health regeneration. The more solar ability kills you get, the higher your damage, up to 3 times. The Hammer of the Sun also creates a flaming mallet that strikes like an earthquake, leaving tornadoes of flame behind.
- missile code (Raider): While in the air, melee to the ground like a bunker buster, gaining super energy on the spot. Picking up ammo while dashing automatically reloads your equipped weapon and increases weapon damage for a short time. A new move will also send you great distances like a missile to hit a target area like a meteor.
- Fission Harmonization (Void Walker): a new Atomic Breach melee ability creates a ranged void blast, while holding down the grenade button creates a Supernova short-range area blast. Any void ability that kills now heals you and grants ability energy. A new ability will also make transdimensional jumping possible, allowing you to repeatedly teleport short distances and then erupt in a burst of energy.
- Control tuning (Stormcaller): tap the melee button to launch a long-distance ball of electricity that eventually detonates and shoots a beam of illumination straight down. Arc kills sometimes create Ion Trails, a spark of raw arc energy that travels through the ground towards you, which can be picked up to recharge abilities. The new ability fires a long-range blue beam of intense, focused damage, which can be deactivated early to save energy.
- Grace Harmonization (Sunwielders): melee attacks burn enemies, but empower allies. Transforms your grenade (by holding the button) into Blessing, a projectile that heals allies and drops recoverable orbs on the shield. Radiance Barrier is the new ability and every time you hit the ground with your sword you will create a wide radius aura that heals quickly and makes your friends more powerful. Any ability that heals or buffs helps regenerate your non-super abilities.
- Way of the Wraith (Nightstalker): your melee smoke bomb does a lot of damage and slows down those who get in its way. Land a perfect shot at an enemy’s critical point to kill them, then vanish and gain an upgraded tracker. Spectral Blades are the new ability and cast you into a veil of shadow to slip behind enemies and stab them before they even know you’re there.
- Road of a Thousand Cuts (gunslinger): melee razor attacks hurl a fan of flaming blades. In turn, killing burning enemies recharges the throwing knife, and burning enemies also recharge your dodge. The new ability doubles your knife skills to unleash a hail of explosive kills.
- Current Mode (Bow Rider): Dashing before a melee will cause you to unleash a staff-powered strike, and any melee hit increases the reload speed. All of your arc abilities electrify your enemies, and subsequent melee attacks disorient them and replenish your abilities. With the new ability we can now use the staff as a protection that reflects the projectiles of the enemies towards them and does triple damage.
Via | Reddit