Bungie recently finally showed us the new combat system that all Destiny 2 players will be using starting August 28 with the update 2.0.0. The developer also revealed a new mod system that will make us play many more hours to get them all and other details.
Back to the old TTK
In their live stream, Bungie showed us how Crucible matches will play out starting with the new patch, and that it’s basically going back to the system seen in Destiny 1, where weapons killed faster.
Aside from weapons now 3-killing, such as hand cannons and scout rifles, here are all the other details we managed to glean from the information provided to us by the developer:
- The three weapon slots will remain Kinetics, energy and destructive.
- Weapons will now use ammo Primary, Special and heavy.
- Weapons that use Heavy ammo will only be in the Destructive slot. This will include exotic weapons like the Legend of Acrius and others.
- Hand Cannons, Scouts, Pulse Rifles, and Autos will all use Primary ammo but will be Kinetic or Energy weapons.
- Shotguns and Sniper Rifles will use Special ammo, but can be in the Kinetica or Energetic slot.
- Specific weapons will only be in one slot. For example, Better Devils will always be Kinetic, while Solar Shot will always be Energetic.
- Trace Rifles will no longer be considered Auto Rifles and will now use Special ammo. They will probably only be in the Energy slot.
- Fusion Rifles will use Special ammo but will only be Energy weapons.
- Drum grenade launchers will use Heavy ammo, but regular grenade launchers will use Special ammo.
- If we have two special weapons equipped, any ammo bricks will be split between them. For example, a Crucible player carrying two special shotguns will get a special brick with 4 shots, two per weapon.
- All Titan shoulder charges will kill in one hityes, just like in Destiny 1.
- Melee will now kill in two hits, same as in the first game.
- Hunter’s arrow anchor will now activate faster to be more reliable
- The Sorcerer’s Stormcaller will receive increased damage.
- The duration of the Golden Weapon will be increased by a few seconds (any tree).
- Throwing Blade Damage Increased (2 kills)
- Giving three shots will kill the opponent.
- Killing an opponent will cause them to drop a special ammo box… if they had any when they died.
- All weapons will have a mod slot
- Some mods they showed off were: Icarus (increased accuracy in the air), Freehand (better accuracy from the hip), Backup Mag (increased magazine size), Target Adjuster (better target acquisition), Radar Adjuster ( immediately recovers radar after aiming), Minor Spec (More damage against normal enemies), Major Spec (More damage against higher level enemies), Boss Spec (More damage against bosses), Counterbalance (Reduces knockback)
- Mods can be obtained by disassembling weapons.
Masterworks for Legendary Weapons
- There will be 10 levels of Masterworks for Legendary weapons (up to 10% boost for a stat)
- 27 Legendary Shards, 10,000 Lumen, as well as 17 Masterwork Cores will be required to upgrade a weapon to Masterwork level 10.
- At level 7 we will get a new Crucible or PvE kill tracker column.
Via | Reddit