Official LG G5 in Metal, with Snapdragon 820 and Always ON Display! BestyGames live from LG G5 Day @ MWC2016! The Mobile World Congress has not yet officially begun, which will open its doors only tomorrow, but several manufacturers, through private events, are trying to divert attention from the event by presenting their new devices.
Yesterday it was Alcatel’s turn with its IDOL 4 => Alcatel Idol 4 and Idol 4S are shown at MWC 2016: Video and photos preview today LG officially presents its G5 and we are here waiting for the official conference of the Korean house!
in fact, right now, it is already possible to introduce you to almost all the technical specifications of LG G5, the next top of the range of the South Korean house. As was to be expected, The new LG G5 presents itself to the general public with technical characteristics out of the ordinary and in line with all the other top of the range on the market. In fact, the technical data sheet should not be underestimated (which will be enriched with details during the presentation of the device at the press conference and after with the usual video preview directly from Barcelona!).
LG G5 DATASHEET:
- 5.3 ″ IPS LCD QHD display (therefore 1,440 x 2,560 pixels with 554 PPI);
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8996 820 quad-core processor (the Snapdragon 820 processor is equipped with an integrated X12 LTE modem that supports category 12 reaching 600 Mbps in download and category 13 in upload with a speed of 150 Mbps);
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 530;
- 4 GB RAM;
- Internal memory: 32 GB expandable via microSD;
- Rear camera: 20 megapixel with dual sensor;
- Front camera: 8 megapixels;
- Battery: 2,800 mAh (incredibly removable and removable from the bottom!);
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, NFC, 4G – LTE;
- Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159 g
- Available Colors: Silver, GOLD, Pink, Titanium
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Finally, on the device there will also be the fingerprint reader, the USB type C port and Always-on display to always have notifications, time, date and battery percentage under control; function that will consume approximately 0.8% of the battery per hour.
Another novelty is LG Friends, which is a series of really interesting compatible gadgets that will allow you to transform your phone into a camera, a hi-fi stereo or a real door to communicate with other devices.
LG G5 RELEASE IN ITALY AND PRICE;
The release should be scheduled for early April in Italy at a price yet to be announced …
From LG’s press release:
Confirming the great reputation of LG smartphone cameras, LG G5 is equipped with a dual rear camera: the first with a standard 78-degree lens and the second with a 135-degree wide angle, to offer a shooting angle of approximately 1, 7 times wider than any current smartphone camera, 15 degrees greater than the human eye’s field of view. The benefit? A wider frame, to better photograph landscapes, very tall buildings and large groups without having to move people across multiple rows.
LG G5 is packed with advanced photo features to create amazing and original effects: Pop-out Picture, Film Effect and Auto Shot. Pop-out Picture shoots the same scene with the two cameras to create the effect of a photo in a frame. Film Effect can apply the effect of 9 different filters to an image while Auto Shot takes perfect selfies as soon as the camera recognizes the face.
Always-On display for added convenience
Modularity isn’t the only LG G5 innovation. The 5.3-inch QHD IPS Display offers Always-On functionality for the first time on a smartphone with an IPS display. Introduced on the LG V10 as a Second Screen, the Always-On feature has been moved to the main display to continuously show the time and date, even if the phone is on standby. This allows you to have a quick look at the timetable without having to unlock the main screen.
To reduce power consumption, LG has redesigned the display driver memory and power management management so that the display backlight of the screen is only active on a limited area, as it happens on LCD TVs. Thanks to this technology, the Always-On display consumes only 0.8% of the battery every hour. Typically users check the time on their smartphone up to 150 times a day, thanks to the G5’s Always-On display they will be able to notice a noticeable difference in battery life over the course of the day.
Another advanced display feature of the LG G5 is the Day mode which improves the visibility of the display even more in sunlight compared to the current adaptive brightness technology. The Day mode when activated detects the surrounding light conditions and instantly increases or decreases the display brightness up to 850 nits. Even before the eyes have got used to the different lighting conditions, the G5 will be ready.