Problems with iOS 8.0.1? Here’s how to get back to iOS 8!
Problems with iOS 8.0.1? Here’s how to get back to iOS 8! – As we have already said in this articleminutes after the release of iOs 8.0.1 and after many users complained about problems with the connection to mobile networks and the correct functioning of the Touch ID sensor, Apple has decided to withdraw the new version of the system and now, as everyone now knows, it is no longer available.
If you are one of those who have updated the version of iOS 8 and have encountered these problems and therefore have a faulty device or, simply want to revert to the previous version, we will tell you how to do it next.
Here is the procedure you need to follow if you want to go back to iOS 8:
- Disable the Find My iPhone option in Settings> iCloud;
- Download iOS 8 for your device directly from this page. You will have downloaded a folder with an ipsw extension, which is nothing more than a zipped folder and renamed with another name. Also make sure that your browser does not automatically decompress the download, in this case you will not be able to install iOS 8. If the folder does not have the ipsw extension, try to download it using another browser;
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable and open iTunes. Your iPhone will appear on the iTunes summary screen;
- In that screen do Restore iPhone and simultaneously press the Alt key on the Mac or Shift on Windows;
- Select the folder you just downloaded;
- iTunes starts unzipping, verifying and installing the firmware on your device. It is a very long procedure, so we advise you to be very patient;
- After restarting the device automatically, it will have version 8 again.
For sure, this has been one of the busiest and blackest weeks in iPhone history. In Cupertino they are full of work to do to finalize and release the version of iOS 8.0.2, but perhaps we should still wait. And what do you think of this Apple slip?