SEGA and Tetris will join in a game crossover game Puyo Puyo Tetris for PlayStation 4 in the spring of this year.
The game will offer various game modes for the enjoyment of players, such as Adventure Mode, Arcade Multiplayer which in turn includes versus mode, exchange and more, or the new Online mode to face players from all over the world. In addition, in the game store, users will be able to unlock new characters and skins for Puyos and Tetriminos.
Here we leave you with the detailed list of the game modes that the game will include:
- Adventure– Single player game mode that offers ten unique acts, each consisting of ten phases with different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each phase contains unique challenges that players will need to overcome to win and move on.
- Multiplayer Arcade – Up to four players in a local network, Arcade Multiplayer offers a multitude of game variants that will bring out the competitive nature of the players.
- Versus – Players compete against each other face to face in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight for the puzzle of their lives.
- Exchange – Players’ skills are put to the test by competing on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which will swap positions over and over again at defined intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete together with Puyos and Tetriminos on the same board, it requires skill and decision making on the fly to be victorious.
- big Bang – It’s a Race to the Finish, where players compete against each other to complete unique challenge boards as fast as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles have special objects that when activated help the players or harm their opponents.
- On-line – Players can test their puzzle-solving skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes.
- Puzzle League – Increases the player’s score, allows him to improve positions and aspire to new leagues in this mode intended for competition enthusiasts.
- Free play – A more casual gaming experience where records are not kept and players can customize games with unique settings and invite their friends to the game.
- Repetitions – Players can save and load any of the online games to show off to their friends or look for replays of other players, using the filtering and identification system to check how they approach the games.
- Solo arcade– Play any of the arcade multiplayer modes against the machine in Battle or Endurance matches, or try the single player challenges:
- Battle – Replace human players with up to three machine-controlled rivals to fight them simultaneously.
- Endurance – Make your way facing an endless bunch of rivals controlled by the CPU, accumulating as many victories as possible.
- Challenge – Forget the opponents and put your skills to the test in Sprint, Marathon and much more, like the peculiar Tiny Puyo, which shrinks Puyos so that they fit much better on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris It is scheduled for release in the spring of this year in the Americas and Europe for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. SEGA of America will handle the distribution of the title in North America, while Deep Silver will do the same in Europe.
You can enjoy the announcement trailer below: