Spotify updates to version 0.6 with a new interface
The well-known music portal updates its iPhone application making it reach 0.6 by implementing new graphics.
Spotify is an on demand music service that offers streaming of a selection of tracks from various record companies and independent labels. Music can be viewed by artist, album, label, genre or playlist as well as by direct searches.
New in version 0.6:
- New: new and brilliant interface. You can navigate within the app using the new sidebar. Try it out by swiping from left to right or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left corner of the app.
- New: Now Playing bar. At the bottom of the Spotify screen, you will always see what you listen to. To change songs, swipe over with your finger. Tap or drag to see more information about the current song. Tap the cover art in extended view to use AirPlay and turn shuffle and repeat song off / on.
- New: Track menu. Tap the… button on any song to see the redesigned context menu.
- Problems solved: problems related to the message “Track available only online”. This message sometimes appeared after startup or if you were offline for a while. Now the problem has been solved.
- Issues fixed: the lock screen now always shows the correct song.
- Fixed: Shuffle now turns off after using “Shuffle” on an album or playlist.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.