Surely many of you already know it and are already enjoying it, and even more so if you read our article in which we told you everything you had to know about the Red Dead Online beta.
Still Rockstar reminds us that this beta remains officially open for all those who have a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2, in addition to give us some valuable advice so that we start our first games without sinning of linnets… and that is that the West is very Wild and much more online.
Experience the Wild West in Red Dead Online
You can decide to make a name for yourself as a Gunslinger or as an Outlaw. In this new multiplayer story you will be able to join or form a posse, take on enemy gangs, hunt, fish, seek treasure, challenge other settlers and much more.
The company wanted to offer some advice so that we can succeed and prosper on the border, based on player feedback who have had the privilege of early access and have been enjoying this online mode for a few days:
- character creation– Use the character creator’s extensive tools to fine-tune your character’s appearance and facial features. To fine-tune some traits, press the X or A button to enter the Customize section and use the sliders. You can also press the R3 button or the right stick to quickly see the face without facial hair or press the L1/LB and R1/RB buttons to quickly see your character in profile. While you can always alter her hair, facial hair, makeup, and teeth at your local barber, as well as change her clothes at the closet or shops, permanent features like her nose, mouth, and freckles won’t change when you’re done. to create the character. If you want to start over with another character at any point, you can delete the current one and create a new one. To do this, go to the PLAYER section of the pause menu and hold the square button or the X button. Note that the current character will be deleted, as well as any progress you have with it.
- Player menu: press the left or left button on the D-pad to bring up the player menu, where you will find many useful tools and features, such as seeing what other players are in the session and also seeing your friends, joining or forming a posse , manage camp or horses, quickly join matches or series, adjust voice chat options (select All to talk to all players near you, or limit chat to your posse, friends, or Crew), and much more. more things.
- fast travel: go to the Fast Travel stations to quickly travel to where your friends or crew are. You can also go to various locations on the map or return to camp for a set amount.
- the land of opportunity: Visit Horley in Blackwater to start The Land of Opportunities, a series of cooperative story-driven missions where your honor will rise or fall based on the choices you make. You will meet other Red Dead Online characters, fight alongside other outlaws and earn lots of money along the way. If all your decisions in the game have been honorable and you want to see how the story changes by going the other way, you can play again and make all the decisions that grant negative honor (and vice versa) while receiving more rewards and experience.
- treasure maps: when you reach level 10 you will receive a treasure map whose instructions you will have to follow to get gold and money. After that, you will receive more treasure maps every five levels. In addition, you may find some more after looting the corpses of rivals when raiding a lair or surviving an ambush.
- Catalogue: Hold Left or Left on the D-Pad to pull up the Catalog and buy Supplies, Tonics, Weapons, Ammo, and much more as you move from place to place. If you prefer, you can shop through the Social Club website catalog when you’re not playing. Once you buy the items, most of them can be found in the camp safe or the post office. The new weapons will be stored on your horse and the clothes will be added to the wardrobe. The horses or mounts will go to the stable.
- skill cards: Use different categories of ability cards (Combat, Recovery and Defense) to help you survive on the frontier. The skill cards have three upgrade levels with various advantages and you can adjust them at any time to suit any situation: use the Combat cards for attack missions, where weapons are of the utmost importance, or change to Defense cards when escorting a chariot.
Over the coming weeks and months there will be many more updates to the Red Dead Online beta. Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can get hold of it at the following link:
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Buy on Amazon