During the first Nintendo Direct broadcast of 2014, many release dates and game details for new Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles were revealed.
This Nintendo Direct broadcast featured several new titles for Wii U owners. From May 30, you can go full throttle in Mario Kart 8, the family-friendly game series that makes its first appearance on Wii U. This time Bowser’s gang is in the race too! Today’s broadcast also featured new footage from highly anticipated Wii U titles such as Bayonetta 2 from PlatinumGames and the new game in development at MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Other surprises included the announcement of NES Remix 2, featuring new retro challenges and a Luigi take on a much-loved classic coming to Nintendo eShop, and the unveiling of Little Mac from the Punch Out!! series as a playable character for both Super Smash Bros for Wii U as well as for the handheld variant.
In addition to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the wide range of software for Nintendo 3DS family systems continues to grow in 2014 with titles for all ages and tastes. Both Mario Golf: World Tour and Kirby: Triple Deluxe will be released in May. Yoshi is getting his own Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition system to accompany the release of Yoshi’s New Island on March 14. On Nintendo eShop, a fierce underwater battle is being fought by Steel Diver: Sub Wars, available now as a free download. Starting March 13, a completely different battle will be delivered in Pokemon Link: Battle!, available as a downloadable title.
2014 promises to be a year in which Nintendo system owners will be presented with many memorable gameplay experiences. Today’s broadcast, for example, focused on Game Boy Advance titles coming to the Wii U Virtual Console from April. There were also guest appearances by Donkey Kong, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright. You can watch today’s full Nintendo Direct broadcast at:
Some highlights from today’s Nintendo Direct broadcast:
– Mario Kart 8: Speed through the bizarre tracks in Mario Kart 8 from May 30th, starting May 30. From that date, the game will be available in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U. This time, Bowser’s gang also takes a seat in the starting field. For the first time, they are available as playable characters. Can Iggy, Larry, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy knock Mario and his friends off the podium?
– Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: With the release of Super Smash Bros. In 2014 in stores and in Nintendo eShop for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS we welcome another new character: Little Mac from Punch-Out!! Put on your gloves and go for the knockout!
– Bayonetta 2: A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 showcased the Umbran Climax, a single, powerful attack that allows Bayonetta to unleash all of her accumulated magical powers. As in the original Bayonetta, the Witch Time is the ultimate means of dodging enemy attacks at the last possible moment. Bayonetta 2 will be released for Wii U later this year.
– New Title Developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC.: New footage of the title currently in development featured a battle scene where the player steps into a humanoid robot to fight a huge beast in the wilderness . More announcements about this game will be made in the future.
– Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: On February 21, this game hits the shops and Nintendo eShop for Wii U. A new extended trailer was shown during today’s Nintendo Direct broadcast, revealing what this new KONG adventure has in store.
Nintendo eShop for Wii U
– NES Remix 2: There will be a second installment in the series offering a fun mix of classic Nintendo games. This section contains challenges from later NES games, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby’s Adventure and Metroid. Like NES Remix, the sequel features levels from the original games with new challenges and custom levels that introduce new elements. The game will be released on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on April 25. It even includes a free bonus game:
– Super Luigi Bros.: This is a full game based on a challenge from NES Remix. It contains all the levels from the original Super Mario Bros. The difference is that you are now playing with Luigi and you experience the familiar levels in a whole new way: you walk to the left! The game even features Luigi’s famous high jump. This gives a fun new twist to a classic game.
Child of Light: In this RPG from Ubisoft, you take on the role of Aurora, a young princess who embarks on an adventure to obtain the three light sources of the evil Queen. It takes place in a world inspired by fairy tales and populated with scary monsters and legendary creatures. Child of Light will be released on May 1 on Nintendo eShop for Wii U.
– Game Boy Advance titles coming to Wii U Virtual Console: From April, you can expect Game Boy Advance games on Wii U Virtual Console, such as Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 Gradually more titles are released.
– Mario Golf: World Tour: In addition to the previously announced multiplayer capabilities, the game also features the Castle Club, a single-player club building with locations where players can hone their skills. In the Castle Club you will find golf courses, tournaments, training locations, shops, changing rooms and a bar. At a training location, players can work on certain areas of their game, such as putting the ball. Players can customize their Mii with items sold in the store, such as clubs, golf balls, and clothing. Different equipment combinations can affect a player’s performance. Mario Golf: World Tour for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled to be released on May 2.
Kirby: Triple Deluxe: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe you can expect 20 different copy powers such as the Beetle, Circus and Archer. All in all, Kirby gets access to many different actions. Find the sunstones to progress in the adventure and collect the 8-bit keychains hidden in the levels, or get them from other players. The game uses StreetPass functionality to give players better items. Kirby: Triple Deluxe for Nintendo 3DS comes out on May 16.
– Yoshi’s New Island: In Yoshi’s New Island, out in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on March 14, you can get hands-on with mega eggs, as well as eggs that can submerge Yoshi. Use the Nintendo 3DS system’s gyro sensor to control Submarine-Yoshi or Jackhammer-Yoshi and transform into Super Yoshi to make you fly like a comet or run on walls and ceilings! Players who struggle to complete a level may receive assistance from the flutter wings, which allow Yoshi to fly through the air. As the latest Yoshi news, the Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition* will also be released on March 14. The design of this system shows Yoshi’s characteristic green and white.
—Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Akihiro Hino of Level-5 talked about this game, which will be released in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on March 28th. Fans eager to experience the new puzzles can download a puzzle demo from the game’s new website or take a behind-the-scenes look at an Iwata Asks interview.
– Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Following the announcement of Capcom, Monster Hunter 4 is coming to Nintendo 3DS in Europe in early 2015. In addition to online play options, players can also hunt monsters in new dynamic ways.
– Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl: The new Atlus title Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be available in Europe on May 2 in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. A special demo of the game will be available on Nintendo eShop starting April 18.
Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS
– Pokemon Link: Battle!: In this new Pokemon action puzzle game you will encounter all the known Pokemon – there are over 700 of them! Match Pokemon to play them away. You battle and collect other Pokemon. You also build a bond with your Pokemon so that they do more damage to your opponents during a battle. pok’mon:
Link Battle! also includes a four-player cooperative mode and will be available on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on March 13.
– Steel Diver: Sub Wars: This game is available today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. It is the sequel to the submarine game Steel Diver. Steel Diver: Sub Wars is a tactical first-person shooter game in which you must always be one step ahead of the enemy. It features single-player missions, challenging team battles for four against four players, and local and online multiplayer modes. You can now download the game for free and get started with two types of submarines, the beginning of the single player mission mode and the full multiplayer mode. If you choose to upgrade to the Premium version, the full mission mode becomes available for one player and you can control more types of submarines.
– Nintendo Pocket Football Club: In Nintendo Pocket Football Club, available exclusively on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on April 17, players take control of their own football club. They make decisions about, for example, the best way to train or scout new players. With training cards you can let the players progress and fulfill their potential. By unlocking special card combinations you can improve their stats even further. In addition, you can give players to friends to strengthen each other’s lineup. From release, keep an eye on the game’s website to see how your team stacks up against friends or other club owners. A new Iwata Asks interview about Pocket Football Club is now available.
– Weapon Shop de Omasse: This game is the fourth and final title of the series known in Japan as Guild01. In Weapon Shop de Omasse, players manage a weapons shop in a classic RPG, where the blacksmith Oyaji and his apprentice Yuhan craft weapons and rent them out to heroes, rather than going on an adventure on their own. The heroes need powerful weapons to defeat characters such as the Evil Lord. If the hero loses, you don’t get paid. Weapon Shop de Omasse will be released on February 20 in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS.
– Inazuma Eleven: Tomorrow comes Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! out in Europe. The series started with Inazuma Eleven. If you missed this first adventure from Mark Evans and his legendary teammates, it’s available today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS.
Level-5 Offers: To celebrate the release of Weapon Shop de Omasse, a number of Level-5 titles previously released on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS will be available from today until February 23 (23:59 local time). offer for ˆ2.99: ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE; CRIMSON SHROUD; LIBERATION MAIDEN; AERO PORTER; THE STARSHIP DAMREY; BUGS vs. TANKS!